Monday, June 3, 2013

Shinanomachi, Great Friends, Great Food

Hanging out in the Shinanomachi area was more than just cool as we got to hangout with our friend Tamami and her family. Mari and Tamami have been friends for close to 10 years and it's been a few years since they've seen each other in person. Since moving back to Japan, Tamami and her family have been working on building schools in countries such as Viet Nam, Bangladesh, Argentina and somewhere else; and this was just over the period of 2 years.


Hanging out on the train.

Tamami is the original TMZ.


Serious food deserves serious face. You know he's trying not to laugh.

I was trying to take a picture of Keian's food and low and behold, a face pops in.

This picture doesn't do justice for what I had. In fact I remember blinking and everything was gone...even the watermelon. LOL
 

I'mg going home and throwing rocks are my normal Miso Soup.

Mari's lunch. Just above the rice is some kind of poke style fish with mountain yam  which was grounded like grits but sticky.  I ate that too.

I was impressed that Keian tried new things. He destroyed his lunch.

The view from where I was sitting.

This crab just quit.

It's a good thing they did not have meat here, since Chris can't eat fish and  is not the biggest fan of vegetables.   How's your vegetable don Chris? Good man.

The Japanese were pounding away at this project.

He only specializes in green tea. He was the man.

Getting ready to change our minds about tea.  I'm so glad I kept our Zoshirushi dispenser.

They specially wrapped our tea for us...as displayed buy our two hams. LOL

The beautiful SGI garden with President Toda.

A poem captured by Sensei

Took some pictures with my camera phone. LOL. No clue what this is.

Kolby always has time for posing.

Why yes...I am funky.

SGI store with butsudan upstairs.

Neato.


  I'll be back. Oh yes. I'll be back.
Everyone, meet are new friend Kona.

5 floors of video game madness.

What a great day we had.  In fact, we were like a Maui people finding magnet. We were in a store and this girl came up to us and said she was from Hawaii.  We said were too.  She said that she was from Kihei and we were like Say Whaaaaaaaaaaat!?. Us too. She said, when she welcomed me into the store, I said something to her that made her think this guy is from Hawaii.  She chased us down and was so cool.

Oh and I had to go home early because I have crappy shoes. Thought I'd throw that in there. LOL

Aloha


No comments:

Post a Comment